Download the tutorial
Before you can start the tutorial, you'll need to download the tutorial to your computer
to edit the source code.
Launch your programming environment
When programming, there's generally four tools you'll want on hand:
Your browser to see the code running (I recommend Chrome)
A text editor to change the code (I recommend Sublime)
messages. These are built into your browser.
Once you have these tools available, we need to open the files we'll be working with:
Open game/snake.js in your text editor
Open game/index.html in your browser
and dismiss the window that pops up
Stop and reflect
whether the code does what you expect. How else can you get feedback about if
your code does what you expect?
- Why shouldn't you use Word or Google Docs to edit code?
- How to launch dev tools in chrome.
- How to launch dev tools in internet explorer.
- How to launch dev tools in firefox.
- How to launch dev tools in safari.